Why you should choose Tanveer:
- Over 20 years of experience
- Competitive prices
- Professional service
- Widely recognised and awarded
Environmental Prosecutions Law
Environmental legislation is developing at a rapid rate.
Compliance is also important in order to retain company reputation and avoid negative publicity.
Regulation affects the following areas:
- waste management and waste disposal requirements
- the need for and compliance with environmental permits, licenses, registrations and exemptions
- producer responsibility legislation such as WEEE, RoHS and Packaging Waste
- the statutory contaminated land regime and water law
- compliance with sustainability and carbon reduction requirements, including the Carbon Reduction Commitment
- chemicals legislation, including REACH and CLP
- statutory nuisance including noise, smoke fumes and vibration
- hazardous substances
- ecology and protection of habitats and species
I can help manage your environmental risk and ongoing compliance.
Should there be non-compliance with environmental legislation, early advice is essential to prevent enforcement action being taken.
The Civil Sanctions regime has allowed for a large number of regulatory breaches to be dealt with by way of a civil remedy, thus avoiding the need for a court appearance and any subsequent adverse media attention.
Where enforcement action cannot be prevented, I can advise on all aspects of defending an environmental prosecution or appeals against enforcement notices.
“Always well prepared.”Legal 500
“He, in my opinion, is a master tactician and grasps the most pertinent aspects of a case immediately which is of great help to his solicitors and clients alike.”S. K.
“Tanveer is a knowledgeable barrister and gets results.”H. S.
Awards & Associations
Tanveer has received several awards and is associated with many of the top legal institutions.
One question I often get asked is whether a Barrister can be instructed directly, or does one have to go through a Solicitor initially? Contrary to popular...
Mobile: 07951 535 693