Discovery, Prevention and Outcome
I can provide a comprehensive service to organisations that need to carry out internal investigations or that need support in handling investigations including any subsequent action by external authorities. Investigations may be business critical and are often highly-pressured, cross-border and sensitive.
- It is critical that the scope and structure of the investigation is clear from the outset, with clear reporting lines and a clear purpose. My experience means that we are able to help ensure investigations are structured so as to minimise the possibility that additional legal and reputational risk is created by the investigation process, and to ensure that investigations are conducted as efficiently as possible.
- Document management is key to any investigation. I can advise on steps that can be taken to preserve documents, and to reduce the risk that damaging documents are created.
- I can provide flexible support on document review exercises, partnering with clients or with third party providers as appropriate. I regularly advise on steps to ensure that the collation, movement and review of documents is carried out in a way that is compliant with data protection and other local laws.
- In the event that documents are required to be produced to authorities, I can advise on compliance with and (where appropriate) challenges to production orders.
- I advise on and carry out interviews of witnesses, whether employees or third parties. If interviews are to be carried out by authorities, I can provide advice on preparation for and the approach to such interviews.
- I can advise on and prepare reports regarding the outcome of investigations, being mindful of the different purposes for which the report may be required.
- I adopt a flexible approach, partnering as appropriate with clients and other advisers on different aspects of an investigation to ensure an efficient approach. We understand the need to manage tight timetables and cost limitations.
Awards & Associations
Tanveer has received several awards and is associated with many of the top legal institutions.
One question I often get asked is whether a Barrister can be instructed directly, or does one have to go through a Solicitor initially? Contrary to popular...
Mobile: 07951 535 693