Financial Crime Barrister
Demonstrated experience and expertise in financial crime
Tanveer Qureshi is ranked in Legal 500 as a recommended barrister for financial crime and money laundering. He is frequently instructed in large-scale corporate frauds, offences contrary to Fraud Act 2006, conspiracies to defraud and allegations of money laundering.
Many of Tanveer’s cases involve multi-handed defendants where early tactical advice is essential.
- Operation Mitchum (2016) – Ongoing prosecution concerning a national Sikh charity and 7 defendants charged with fraudulently assisting in unlawful immigration.
- Operation Kadneza (2016) – Substantial fraud involving 7 defendants in which over £160 millions was stolen from accounts (ongoing).
- Operation Engine (2016) – Ongoing prosecution concerning systematic allegations of fraud in connection with European Union funding.
- Operation Hilmar (2015)– Serving police officers charged with fraudulent misrepresentation concerning a property investment scheme. In addition to fraud, the prosecution also charged the police officers with offences contrary to the Financial Services Markets Act – following legal argument all defendants were acquitted.
- Operation Bamburg (2015) – Solicitors and accountants charged with mortgage and banking fraud arising from financial loans – following legal argument, Tanveer’s client was acquitted.
- Operation Rhetoric (2015) – Tanveer was instructed in a banking fraud involving bank employees and the sale of confidential information resulting in the loss of over a £2.5 million. Tanveer served a defence statement seeking disclosure of information about the internal ban practices which contributed in the crown stopping the prosecution.
- Operation Buriss (2014) – Large scale cyber crime concerning the dissemination of malware on private computers. Tanveer was instructed on behalf of the second defendant.
- Operation Armstrong (2014) – Cyber crime targeting well known online dating websites such as Match.com in which over a £3million was stolen.
- Operation Krakatoa (2015) – Insurance fraud involving salvage vehicles, of the six defendants charged, Tanveer’s client was the only one acquitted after trial.
- Virgin Media private prosecution – Cyber crime, privately prosecuted, following a six week trial the jury was unable to reach a verdict and duly discharged.
- Operation Kinyeti (2014) – Large scale fraud on the UK Borders Agency concerning visa sponsors. Following a six month trial in Manchester crown court involving seven defendants, Tanveer’s client was the only defendant to be acquitted of all charges.
- Instructed by the Dubai office of Norton Rose to example potentially fraudulent breaches arising from an Islamic finance loan agreement.
Got a question? Get in touch
“Always well prepared.”Legal 500
“He, in my opinion, is a master tactician and grasps the most pertinent aspects of a case immediately which is of great help to his solicitors and clients alike.”S. K.
“Tanveer is a knowledgeable barrister and gets results.”H. S.
Awards & Associations
Judges play an essential role in the trial process. In addition to managing the case and directing jurors on the law, Judges also assist by clarifying the evidence of witnesses and/or asking questions of witnesses that a Judge may feel is pertinent to the jury’s...
Mobile: 07951 535 693
Send an email to Tanveer